There are numerous reasons why you would possibly want to reset your Actiontec router or modem to factory settings. Perhaps you need to sell your devices. Or maybe you need to reset your IP address. Whatever the case, right here’s how to reset your router and modem.
Warning: Resetting your Actiontec router or modem will erase all of your custom settings. Make sure to have a copy of your settings earlier than doing a factory reset. You may discover these settings in your manual or online. surely do a web search for your router or modem model’s manual.
The steps to reset a modem can be different relying on which model you have, but the basics are the equal. Right here is the general method:
Actiontec Router List
- Qwest Actiontec PK5000 Hard Reset
- Actiontec Gt784wnv Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT704WG Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT701D-NF Hard Reset
- Actiontec Mi424-wr Hard Reset
- Actiontec PK5001A Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT704WGB Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT784WN-NF Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT704 Hard Reset
- ACTIONTEC GT704WR Hard Reset
- Actiontec Q1000r Hard Reset
- Actiontec V1000H Hard Reset
- Actiontec C2000A Hard Reset
- Actiontec R1524SU Hard Reset
- Actiontec MI424WR-02 Hard Reset
- Actiontec gt784wn-01 Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT784WNNF Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT784WN Hard Reset
- Actiontec Verizon Fios Hard Reset
How to Reset a Actiontec Router
- Maintain your Actiontec router plugged in.
- Locate your router’s reset button. This may be at the back or the bottom of your router.
- Use a paperclip to keep down the reset button for 30 seconds.
- Release the button.
- Look forward to the router to power back on.
In case your router doesn’t have a reset button, you’ll have to reset it using its configuration web interface.
Power Reset a Modem or Router
If the normal reset did not work on your Actiontec router, you can perform a hard reset. It is the most powerful reset form for any type of Small office home office devices (SOHO) like routers and modems. Steps to power reset your router.
- Keep reset button for 30 seconds (ensure power light is blinking)
- Unplug the power cable (never release your hands from holding reset button) for 30 seconds
- Connect the power cable and still hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- Release your hands now (you’re constantly holding the reset button for 90 seconds)
- Now wait one minute and make certain power button is steady.
How to Reset Router From Configuration Page
- Type your router’s IP address into any internet browser’s search area. Right here’s how to find for your router’s IP address.
- Enter your username and password when prompted. In case you didn’t change these, you will find the default username and password on the back or bottom of the router.
- Go to system or system tools. This may differ depending on what type of router you have.
- Look for restore or factory Default.
- Click on restore or Reset and ok to confirm.
- Wait for the router to reboot.
While your modem or router is resetting, do no longer interrupt the method by clicking a link, closing your browser, or powering off the device. Doing so might corrupt the firmware.
How to Find Your Router’s IP Address
In case you need to make modifications to your Actiontec router, you want to know your router’s IP address. Perhaps you want to change the network name, create a brand-new Wi-Fi password, or use a different channel to boost your internet speed. Those functions are accessible through your router’s log-on page, but you may only get there if you know how to find your router’s IP address.
You can often locate your router’s default IP address on the back, side, or bottom of your physical router. This IP address might be dynamic, this means that it might change over time. But, you can always press the reset button on your router, which should also reset its IP address back to default.
You might additionally see your router’s username and password listed somewhere near the IP address. This is the default login data you will use when you log in to your router from a web browser.
How to Find Your Router’s IP Address CMD
- Press the windows + R keys on your keyboard. Press the keys at the equal time to open the Run window.
- After that, type CMD into the search bar and click ok. you could additionally hit enter on your keyboard.
- Subsequent, type ipconfig and press enter.
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway. Depending on your computer and the devices you have connected to your network, you may have to scroll down to see this.
Note: if you see a couple of IP address listed, use the one with 4 sets of numbers separated by periods. You may additionally see your router’s IPv6 address listed, which will be much longer and use letters and numbers separated with the aid of colons.
Replacing the Router
In case you’re trying to resolve a problem with the Actiontec router by means of resetting it, and that didn’t fix the problem, it could be time to replace it with a better router.